500th Blog Post Anniversary
I was just about to write a post when I realized this is the 500th blog post on this blog. So I decided to celebrate by posting a low carb cake recipe;
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons
sugar equivalent in artificial sweetener
- 1 ½ lbs (3 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar equivalent in artificial sweetener
(preferably liquid, see below)
- 1 ½ teaspoons
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
Tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice and zest from 1 medium lemon (about 2
Tablespoons juice and 1 Tablespoon zest)
cup sugar equivalent in artificial sweetener (powdered erythritol or
liquid sweetener preferred)
- ½ teaspoon
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Prepare a springform pan. I like to put a piece of
parchment paper over the bottom of the pan; no need to cut it to size,
just snap it into place when you tighten the sides of the pan. Butter
the sides and bottom of the pan, including parchment. Wrap the outside
of the pan in heavy-duty foil to protect it from leaks.
- Combine ingredients for crust. Press the mixture into the
bottom of your springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until fragrant
and beginning to brown. Remove from oven.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 F.
- Gather ingredients for the filling. Beat cream cheese
until fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl and beaters. (The mixture will
gradually become lighter as you add in the rest of the ingredients, and
the denser stuff will cling to the bowl. If you don't scrape, you won't
be able to incorporate the remaining ingredients as well.)
- Add sweetener, vanilla, salt, and 2 of the eggs. Beat
- Add the other 2 eggs. Beat well, scrape.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and cream. Beat well, scrape,
and pour filling mixture into the pan over the crust.
- In another bowl, mix together ingredients for topping and
- Place a baking pan large enough to hold your springform pan
into the oven and fill it halfway with boiling water. Place the
springform pan into the baking pan and bake for about 60 minutes (give
or take 10 to 15 minutes), until the cheesecake is mostly set but is
still wobbly in the middle.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, spread the topping over the
cheesecake, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature (1 to 2 hours), then chill
completely for several hours before serving.
Nutritional Information: Each of 16 servings has 3 grams of carbohydrates plus 1 gram fiber, 7 grams protein, 28g of fat and 295